One of the most useful language tools for anyone who writes is an online grammar/spellchecker service. This type of service offers anyone seeking grammar assistance the opportunity to have their written work 'polished' by professional editors and proofreaders at an affordable price. This type of professional service can beneficial to many people for a variety of reasons...
- People who can’t find the time to go over their papers
- People who need their writing to look and sound professional
- People who are embarrassed by their writing skills
- People whose second language is English
- People who simply aren't good writers
Whatever the motivation is for a person choosing these services, they can be a real lifesaver for those who aren't sure of the correct grammar rules, aren't the best spellers, or for those who find composing a grammatically correct sentence challenging. Many times, even if you think you know all the grammar rules, chances are... that along the way there are a few you may have forgotten.
Today, there are many websites which offer these services on the internet. Some of these services use a software program for checking papers. Although this type of checking can be efficient at making corrections, it can sometimes miss errors that need to be corrected because it is done by a machine. Other services offer 'human' grammar/spellcheckers who are professional editors and proofreaders. In choosing the right service for your needs, you should consider the following:
- A good online service whether done by a human or software program will know when to apply proper use of adjectives, noun/verb agreement, punctuation, and capitalization.
- The service should always be able to correct spelling errors, as well as grammar errors.
- A good service should be able to provide feedback. For example, giving you the reason why the correction was needed.
- A service that offers a plagiarism check.
- Customer support - while there is nothing wrong with having a software program check your paper, some people feel more confident and comfortable when they can contact someone for help in case a concern or issue arises during the grammar/spellchecking process.
Whichever method you choose to check your paper, you will be happy with the results.