If writing came naturally to everyone... there wouldn't be the need for articles like this one. Writing can be an exasperating and time consuming task, especially for students who are continuously inundated with countless essay assignments they are required to write. During the course of a student's academic career, whether you are at the high school, college, or graduate level... your life will undoubtedly be consumed by writing an endless amount of essay papers from those required at the end of a term to the final complex dissertation, and every paper in between.
Even if you consider yourself a good writer, there's no denying you could probably benefit from some help writing these assignments, because after all, they will count as a major part of your overall grade. To make your essay writing a bit easier on you there are tips you can follow to make these assignments less stressful, and hopefully, improve your writing technique.
- Chose your topic first - something that interests you or that you want to learn more about.
- Research, research, research - Research your topic using the library, internet, and academic sources. Make yourself an 'expert' on your topic.
- Analyze your research and come up with ideas to write about - Most essays are based on some type of agreement and argument regarding the topic. Write your thoughts down on both.
- Pick your best idea and write it down - This will be your thesis statement. Your entire essay will be written around this main point. For the reader it states what you are going to say and why.
- Outline - outline your paper with bullet points on what each paragraph will convey about your point.
- Write your introduction - this should set up the issue you will be writing about, it should also grab the reader's attention.
- Paragraphs - should make your points for your argument clear to the reader.
- Conclusion - Wrap up your essay with a thought provoking sentence. Use quotations, abstract logic, or a call to action. Think about how you want your reader to react after reading your essay. The best essays leave the reader wanting more discussion or one that invokes them to take action based upon your words.
- Proofread and edit - make certain your essay has correct grammar and your sentences flow well. You need to have organization in your thoughts and present them in a clear and concise manner.
Another helpful way to learn how to write an essay is to read other people's work. You can certainly gain a great deal of insight on essay writing when you look at how they formulate their essays; and if you like the style or manner in which they wrote and base yours on those you, as the reader, thought were effective.
Of course, when all else fails, there are also some terrific professional essay writing services out there that will help you write a top notch paper. Many students, whether they have no difficulty writing essay or find it extremely challenging, will order a custom essay paper from a service. These writing services can also be a lifesaver for students who simply can't find the time to write a well written paper before their rapidly approaching deadline.
However you decide to approach completing your essay writing tasks, just remember... essays are just a part of academic life... each and every one that you accomplish is simply a stepping stone to achieving your final and ultimate academic goal.